Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Peer Review

For my peer review, I decided to review Eric Urdina's portfolio. The purpose of the portfolio is to display the work that he has done for someone to see. The main people to see the portfolio would be college supervisors looking at his admission. Since it goes to such important people, it is better to keep it organized so that any one piece of work can easily be found.
When I first open it, I see that he put in a welcome page with his name on it. It would have been good if there was a picture on it, but at least it had his name on it, so the viewer knows whose portfolio it is. Although, there is an image inside the portfolio labeled “Welcome page.pdf.” The layout of the folders is really good; it is easy to find one specific project and the labs that led up to it. His header is very simple. It has his name and a title that says “work done in 2010.” To me, that’s enough to tell the viewer what is in the portfolio. Unfortunately, the “image work” folder is empty. The “design work” folder contains all the projects he has done. I would have like it if there were captions on the works to tell me what they are. Along with the organization, the color scheme is pretty good. It is a blue on green layout. The text is still easy to read, so that’s good. If you want my overall impression, I would say that this portfolio is missing some things, but it is well organized and easy to navigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment